Today we have the fence up by Masterton.
Tuesday, 30 October 2012
Monday, 29 October 2012
We've got the dunny!
This afternoon, on my way back home, visited the site and saw this! WoooHoo!
Looks like the signs are delivered before anything else, lol.
Looks like the signs are delivered before anything else, lol.
Sunday, 28 October 2012
A week of silence
It has been a week now (5 working days) and no activity yet. 5 out of 20 countdown days is now used. I'm hoping of some activity this coming week.
Masterton has 20 working days to start construction work, as per contract terms. The count down started on Monday 22/10/2012, Friday 16/11/2012 being the last day. The count down should have started on the 8/10/2012, if it was not for all the demolition delays. Grrr..
Saturday, 20 October 2012
Survey and Pegging
Visited the site yesterday afternoon and as per Mastorton's email, the land survey was conducted and surveyor's pegging was done.
This marks the beginning of the construction phase of our build. Yay!
This marks the beginning of the construction phase of our build. Yay!
I'm hopeful sometime next week they will start to scrape the land, preparing for the formwork.
There is a bit of grass and weeds grown at the back of the block, I might have to go and mow over it quickly.
Tuesday, 16 October 2012
Finally, the land is cleared
Visited the site yesterday lunchtime and this is what I saw.
I already emailed Masterton informing them of the land being ready for the build. A surveyor should attend the site and do the final survey peg-out, hoping this week.
Looks like to make sure he finished the job on time and I don't charge him $1000/day for delays, he brought in the big truck to take it all in one go.
The site is now clear and ready for Masterton to take over.
In the next few weeks a dunny and Masterton fence should appear, followed by the levelling of the site for formworks.
Sunday, 14 October 2012
Rain but work goes on
After the arguments, they finally got their fingers out of their asses and started working, even under the rain. I guess the prospect of loosing $1000/day got them worried, and so it should, as I was not joking or just pretending. I was serious!
Visited Saturday, and saw the workers going through the rubble and sorting the recyclables. I also realised that he is using his trailer to dump the rubbish and not getting a big dump-truck, saving money on my time! Hence the reason for such a long time taken to finish off the job.
Visited Saturday, and saw the workers going through the rubble and sorting the recyclables. I also realised that he is using his trailer to dump the rubbish and not getting a big dump-truck, saving money on my time! Hence the reason for such a long time taken to finish off the job.
Friday, 12 October 2012
A Verbal Fight!
Yesterday I lost my temper and told the demolition people to cancel the job and get off the land. It has taken too long, it is unacceptable!
I found out from the council web site that they did not submit for DA until the 24/9/2012! They did not have approval until the 8/10/2012, yet they had already started work on the 27/9/2012.
I threatened them with Fair Trading and Licensing, and I was not joking. He rang me back and tried to cover his ass by telling me that council staff them up blah blah blah.
I told him, regardless, it has taken too long and it's got to finish. I told him, this is his last chance, come rain, hail or shine, I want to see the land clear on Saturday morning or I will charge him $1000 per day. I want Masterton to get the go ahead from me on Monday. Enough is enough.
By 6:00pm, when I visited the site, the excavator was there. Lets hope the job is finished today.
I found out from the council web site that they did not submit for DA until the 24/9/2012! They did not have approval until the 8/10/2012, yet they had already started work on the 27/9/2012.
I threatened them with Fair Trading and Licensing, and I was not joking. He rang me back and tried to cover his ass by telling me that council staff them up blah blah blah.
I told him, regardless, it has taken too long and it's got to finish. I told him, this is his last chance, come rain, hail or shine, I want to see the land clear on Saturday morning or I will charge him $1000 per day. I want Masterton to get the go ahead from me on Monday. Enough is enough.
By 6:00pm, when I visited the site, the excavator was there. Lets hope the job is finished today.
Subscribe to:
Posts (Atom)

