Since we are having all the downstairs floors tiled and upstairs laminated wood, after some thinking, we decided to insulate the internal walls for sound absorption.
So I contacted Masterton to have a add on variation, only to be told it is not possible! Once the tender and contract is signed, no changes allowed. Grr!..
So I called our SS and had a chat, as obviously it is not something I can do later, take off all the walls down and install the insulation. He offered me to provide the contact details of the sub-contracting company doing the outer wall insulation and deal directly with them.
I contacted the company and they quoted me for upstairs and downstairs in separate quotes. Upstairs to supply and install R1.7 Soundscreen insulation and downstairs R2.0 Soundscreen insulation.
After looking at the price (around $2300), we decided to go ahead and do the whole house.
No comments:
Post a Comment